swagbucks

Monday, January 19, 2009

The results are in...

Today I had my post-op appointment and the results are in...(dramatic drum roll). The thing they removed from my neck last Wednesday was a branchial cleft cyst (the birth defect I mentioned earlier) filled with lots of white blood cells (hence why it burst all over my surgeon). He removed my stich today (ouch!). When I say one stich, don't let that fool you, it was a good 3 inches long. I am guessing my scar is about 2 in. Since I havent held a ruler up to my neck to measure, I can't say for sure. I was told that he had to quite a bit of digging and dissection in my neck to trace the cyst back to its root and that I can expect to be sore for the next few weeks. I can do side to side motion, but still can't tilt back too well. That should come with time. The numbess in my chin and neck will also take a few weeks to months for the nerves to kick back in. They did local injections into some of those nerves to help with pain, which is why they will take longer to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment