The best way to describe me at the dentist, is to compare it to putting a cat into water. The cat does not want to go in and will tense up and grip onto something in order to fight the inevitable.
Today was my dentist appointment. I hate the dentist. I hate having my teeth scraped with a metal object, somebody's fingers in my mouth, and the horrible sound of the polisher. I usually hold the sides of the chair, or my own hands so tight, that by the end of the appointment, my knuckles hurt. Today was no exception.
I saw a different dentist today (same practice, but he sees most of the pediatric cases). Nice enough guy...
It started off like this:
Dentist (D): how are you today? you seem tense...
Me: fine and you, and yes I am tense
D: what do you do for a living
Me: pharmacist
D: oh, so you see some of my scripts then
Me: yes
D: I bet you get some interesting scripts
Me: yep, today we saw Vicodin for menstrual cramps
D; lady must never had a baby. any other surprises of the day?
Me: yes, you failed to call in my Xanax to get me through this
D; HAHAHA! you are a chicken...
D: (at the end of the appointment) I have 3 year olds that squirm less than you in that chair!!Good news is: no cavities, go back in 6 months. And yes, he is nice enough for me to take Zack to him. He will let me in the exam room with Zack and will try to look in Zack's mouth at each of my appointments until Zack is 2 1/2 or 3, then he will try to clean those chompers!!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment