Zack and I left the house today at 1130am this morning. We ran a few errands and had lunch with Mary. When I pulled into our subdivision (around 2pm) I noticed a firetruck in front of our house. I immediately started shaking, heart started racing, and horrible thoughts were going through my head. Then I noticed an ambulance...more bad thoughts. I got into the driveway, threw the jeep into park, and jumped out of the car. I left Zack in the car (with it running). I think the firemen saw the fear in my eyes, because one immediately came over, and said "it is ok mam, your house is not on fire, see there is no smoke, your house is fine." Ok, so now that I know that my house is ok, my next thought is the boys in the subdivision. So I asked if anyone is hurt, and he said no. Phew, none of the boys got hit by a car while on their bikes. So he finally directed my attention to the construction site up the street and said that they hit a gas line. He probably saw the look of terror on my face and quickly said that the gas was turned off so there was no longer a risk of an explosion. PHEWW!! On the plus side, Zack thought it was really cool to see the firetrucks and to meet the firemen!!
This one was hanging out by my mailbox, but backed up into the neighboor's to get out of the road to let the gas company truck though.
No comments:
Post a Comment