swagbucks

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Domestic milestone

Joel and I had a major milestone in our house today....We roasted our first turkey! And it turned out wonderfully (moist and flavorful!). We got 1/4 of a cow this week, and needed to clean out our freezer, which housed 2 turkeys from Mercy. One went to my grandma's, the other we figured could be a "learning tool". Neither one of us had ever made a turkey before, but we figured with enough help from the internet and a little bit of luck, we could do it. I stole my grandparent's nesco and started roasting the 20 pound bird this morning. Joel practiced his carving skills after it was done, and I will be using the meat to make freezer meals (turkey spaghetti, pot pies, etc).But SHHHHH!!! don't tell anybody that we can do this...otherwise we will be cooking turkey and hosting holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment